REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR THE FALLOW LAND AROUND THE NATIONAL THEATRE IN LINE WITH THE MASTER PLAN (NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT CITY)
In accordance with ICRC Act 2005 and National Policy on Public Private Partnership
1. Since its establishment in 1976, the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos-Nigeria, has been the hub of cultural activities, art exhibitions, theatre renditions, symposia and film shows. It has played host to various national and international events.
2. As part of the continuous drive to promote culture and tourism in Nigeria, the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) is now revisiting the master plan of the National Theatre, and making necessary arrangements to develop the fallow land into a modern mixed-use commercial and business hub.
3. The planned development will sit on about 134 hectares of land, out of which the existing National Theatre currently occupies just 10 hectares. The initial master plan for the National Theatre will form the basis on which the preferred private sector partner will undertake the project using a design, finance, construction (build), operation and maintenance model.
4. The proposed development will offer visitors and tourists a modern, diverse, localized and exciting experience. It will be characterized by modern architecture and design, with a wide range of business and recreational offerings of international standard withina friendly environment.
5. OBJECTIVE: The project concept aims to give the National Theatre a vibrant image and increase tourism while allowing concessionaires recoup their investment.
The Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture & National Orientation/National Theatre is therefore inviting experienced and competent world-class operators to submit their Expression of Interest as master concessionaires/operators to design, finance, build (construct), operate and transfer (DFBOT) the following sections of the project:
SECTION 1: Five (5) Star Hotel
SECTION 2: International Standard Shopping Mall
SECTION 3: Multi-level Car Park
SECTION 4: Land & Water Recreation Parks
SECTION 5: Office Building
SECTION 6: Facility Management
The procurement process entails two consecutive stages, the current Pre-qualification (or Expression of Interest) Stage and
the Request for-Proposal (RFP) Stage. Pre-qualified parties will be invited to enter into a consultative dialogue with the Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture & National Orientation and National Theatre management after which the RFP will be finalized. The preferred bidder will be required to demonstrate significant technical and financial capacities for the execution of a master concession arrangement. Accordingly, Prospective Bidders are encouraged to put together for the purpose of this EOI, a consortium of local and international operators who can deliver on all the sections of the project under a DFBOT arrangement. More details of the Concession plan including a floor plan will be disclosed at the Request for Proposal (RFP) stage.
Method of Application – As master concession arrangement, firms are encouraged to respond to the EOI in formidable consortium. Information on all firms making up the consortium must be provided. It must clearly indicate which firm is the overall lead firm (master concessionaire). It must also indicate which firm or combination of firms within the consortium will deliver on each section of the project (sub-concessionaires). The roles of the firms making each of the sub-concessionaires should be clearly specified, including a consortium letter or agreement signed by all participating firms. Firms are not allowed to participate inside more than one consortium.
Firms/ Consortia would be pre-qualified on the overall strength of the consortium (together as master and sub concessionaires). The Facility Management section of the project will provide common services for the entire National Theatre area. These services include: water, horticulture and beautification, general cleaning and sewage, power and electrical utilities as well as connecting roads. As part of the programmes to actualize the intent of the transaction, preferred bidder will be required to carry-out only the refurbishment of existing National Theatre main bowl.
Each EOI submission should provide the following minimum information as a basis of pre-qualification:
1. Full name and Nationality (country of registration of the firms/consortia)
2. Overall contact person(s), email addresses, telephone/facsimile/
mobile of the master concessionaire
1. Overall contact person(s), email addresses, telephone/facsimile/
mobile of each of the sub concessionaires
. Profile of the firms presented within a consortium including ownership structure and role of each corporate entity
. Firm/Consortium members registration particulars including Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent registration documents, including copies of Memorandum and Article of Association and Form C07
. Most recent 3 years audited financial statements of the firms in the consortium
. Evidence of available financing/access to credit lines to execute all the sections of the projects
. Tax Clearance Certificate/Returns for 2011, 2012 & 2013
. Evidence of capability and previous experience in undertaking PPP projects on a similar scale. Evidence of experience should include the following details:
. Name of Project & Brief Description
. Scope of Work
. Contract Value
. Contractual/Concession Period
. Nature of the Concession Contract
. Name and address of related client’s referee
Each Expression of Interest (EOI) should be submitted in six (6) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest – National Theatre Complementary Facilities Concession”. The overall/master concessionaire name to be used for the bid should be clearly printed on the reverse side of the envelope.
Each EOI should be addressed and hand-delivered, no later than 12:00pm on Monday December 22,2014, to the National Theatre, Iganmu, Lagos.
Roadshow will be held in the following locations: Lagos, London, Dubai and Cape Town. In order to signify interest to participate in the roadshows, Prospective Bidders are encouraged to visit www.nationaltheatreng.org/masterplan as details become available.
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 8:00am to 4:00pm, Mondays through Fridays (except public holidays).
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Expression of interest through email or fax will not be entertained.
Please note that this is not an invitation to tender. The Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation and National Theatre management shall not be responsible for the cost of any submission. All submissions shall be at the cost of the Prospective Bidders. The National Theatre management reserves the right to accept or reject any submission that does not meet the requirements. The National Theatre edifice is not part of the concession plan, however, the building and its main bowl will be renovated to meet modern theatre standard.
National Theatre Complex